Fondeadora is a crowdfunding platform. It is a new way to fund creative projects. Fondeadora looks to fuel new talent, creativity and innovation. We help creative entrepreneurs promote their ideas and find the necessary funding to materialize their projects.
- What is Crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding finances a project by raising small amounts of money from a large number of people. The funders or backers become a direct part of the innovative movement in this country. The aim is to provide a tangible and accessible form of funding for people who have hit economic barriers and don’t have access to resources. At Fondeadora, we believe that these barriers can be overcome and strive to offer a crowdfunding platform accessible and open for all creative talent.
- How it works?
Each project must have a fixed funding goal established along with a fixed deadline, both of which are decided by the project’s creator/s. Once the project is funded, the full amount is granted to the creator/s to carry out the project and to deliver the rewards to the contributors and funders. The rewards vary depending on the amount contributed and are decided by the creator/s. In the event that the project does not reach the funding goal by the deadline, all money and contributions from funders will be reimbursed (fees for Paypal or Mercado Pago are nor reimbursed since they are deducted at the time of payment).
*the total sum of money collected by the platform includes the expenses for the rewards and a 6.5% fee for Fondeadora.
- Who does Fondeadora benefit?
Fondeadora benefits everyone. The entrepreneur finances his/her project and shares his/her idea with an ever growing, creative community. The funders or backers receive rewards or products from the project they decided to contribute to and become key participants in the selection process for the new and rising Mexican talent. Fondeadora continues to fuel and support the community, securing its position as the foremost crowdfunding platform in Mexico.
- How do I fund a project?
To fund a project, all you have to do is choose and click. You can help fund a project with as little as $1MXN. Choose the project you want to fund. Click on “Quiero Fondear!”. Decide the amount you want to contribute and select your payment method.
You can make your contribution using PayPal or Mercado Pago. Credit card contributions are made through Paypal and will be immediately reflected on the project’s Fondeadora page. In addition to credit cards, Mercado Pago allows you to contribute via money transfers, bank deposits or payment at your nearest OXXO. All funds will be reimbursed if the project does not reach its funding target, except for the additional charges applied by PayPal or Mercado Pago. Their fees range between 3.5% and 6.5%.
- I live outside of Mexico, can I contribute and fund a project?
If you live outside of Mexico, you can use PayPal or one of the following credit cards to fund
- American Express
- How do I register in order to fund?
Registering only takes a few minutes. You can register using your Facebook account or create a new account by filling in your name, email address, and a password on our page. Be sure to use an email address that you check frequently. Updates and notifications of reimbursements or rewards will be sent to the email you register on our web page.
- What do I do if I changed my email address?
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- My payment went through but I cannot see my contribution on the web page.
If you contributed using PayPal and you still cannot see it reflected on our webpage, contact us at email@example.com.
Mercado Pago will confirm contributions via email, and these funds may take up to 72 hours to be reflected on the project’s Fondeadora page. If this is not the case, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you.
- Do Paypal and Mercado Pago charge an extra fee? What is the percentage?
The fees range between 3.5% and 6.5%.
- How and when do I receive my reward?
At the close of each project, you will receive an email from Fondeadora. The creator/s of the project you chose will then contact you via email in order to notify you about your reward and deliver the product.
- The project I funded was successful, but it has been more than 10 days and I have not heard from the creator/s.
Your contribution may have been rejected or you do not appear on the list of funders for that project. Go to the Funders section on our webpage and check the list under the project you chose.
If your name appears and you still have not received a confirmation or reward, please contact us at email@example.com.
- How do I receive my reward if I do not live in Mexico?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The project I contributed to was not successful.
You will receive an email from us in 48 hours after the project’s deadline. You will be able to transfer your contribution to another project of your choosing or be reimbursed directly into your bank account. It is important to remind our funders that if your contribution was higher than 500MXN, the commission fee from PayPal or Mercado Pago will be deducted from the total. The commission fee is between 3.5% and 6.5% and it is deducted at the time of payment processing.
Contact us if you have any questions or doubts.Fondeadora
Londres 175, piso 2 Col. Juárez, México, D.F.
tel: 5207 2268
- Who can upload a project?
Any one with a creative project in mind who is looking for financial backing and is willing to compensate his/her funders can submit a project.
- Which are the project categories plubished in Fondeadora?
We receive projects from different creative disciplines, social movements, and entrepreneurship- music, film and video, art, design, illustration and comic books, architecture, town planning, technology, gastronomy, editorial and literary, fashion, among many others. Clickhere to view the categories.
- What projects do not qualify?
- Illicit commercial activities such as pornography, drug addiction, money laundering, etc. or projects that violate the precepts at Fondeadora.
- We do not accept businesses, only projects (by this we do not mean that your project cannot generate money) Fondeadora looks for projects, not business. At Fondeadora we define a project by any activity with a beginning and an end, with a concrete objective in mind and the ability to define clear expectations for all parties involved.
- We do not accept philanthropy projects or causes of any kind such as fundraising for an organization. We recognize the need for such noble causes and their difficulties in funding, but that is not the focus of Fondeadora.
- Projects directed at niche markets will not be accepted.
- How do I upload my project?
- Clickhere to fill in an application.
- You will receive an email from our staff in 3 to 5 working days after submission with follow up instructions and feedback on your project.
- During the second stage, we will ask you detailed questions about your project. You will submit a short video explaining your project along with 6 images. These will be used for your project’s Fondeadora page.
- You will set a funding target along with a deadline for your project.
- The different rewards for your funders must be established.
- Once a project is approved, it will be uploaded to Fondeadora.
- In a joint effort, you and our staff at Fondeadora will share and circulate your project through social media, community events, etc. to help it reach its goal.
- Once my project is accepted, how long do I have to wait for it to be uploaded?
In order to upload projects quickly, our staff will be in contact via email with the participants about missing information or areas that need to be improved. If nothing needs to be changed or added, projects are uploaded within 2 days of acceptance.
- How much does it cost to upload a project?
There is no cost for uploading a project.
Fondeadora will deduct 6.5% fee plus taxes of the total funds if the project is successful and reaches its funding goal. Costs from PayPal and Mercado Pago (ranging from 3.5% to 6.5%) will also be deducted from the total.
- What happens when my project reaches its deadline?
- Once the project is funded, the full amount is granted to the creator/s to carry out the project and deliver the rewards to the funders.
- If a project does not reach its funding goal, the creator/s do not deliver any rewards to their funders. Funders will be reimbursed the total sum of their contributions (except for PayPal and Mercado Pago fees, which are deducted upon payment).
- What kind of rewards do I need to offer my funders?
You can thank your contributors with rewards such as limited products, special editions, personalized or autographed pieces, unpublished or unique pieces, or once in a life time experiences (concerts, parties, on set experience, trips). Rewards must range depending on the sum contributed. Each higher range offers better rewards. You choose the amounts and their respective rewards. Get creative! Your unique rewards may inspire your contributors to back you with more funds.
- Who decides the funding goal and deadline for my project?
The deadlines and funding goals for each project are decided by the project’s creator/s. Take into account the size of your project and the expenses that will be required (production, cost of rewards, and commissions) when deciding your deadline and funding goal. During the second stage of the application process, we will ask you for more details about your costs and expenses in order help you decide on your deadline and funding goal.
- Who is responsible for sharing my project when it has been uploaded?
Getting your project out there is a team effort. Our staff at Fondeadora works hard to share projects through social media, notifications to the creative community and organized events for the participants. You will have to do your part too. Talk to your friends and talk to your community. Every person reached is a possible funder and contributor. Every project on our web page is a priority. We work along with our participants to create and establish a media campaign.
- How long do I have to wait for the funding total when my project reaches its funding goal?
Creators whose projects reach their funding goal will receive an email 2 working days after a project’s deadline. The email will include a breakdown of the funded total and a list of all the funders and their emails. The creator must contact all funders in order to deliver the rewards to each contributor. Upon receiving the creator’s fiscal and bank information, followed by an email thanking all contributors, Fondeadora will deposit the funded total into the creator’s bank account.
Still have questions? Contact us!Fondeadora
Londres 175, piso 2 Col. Juárez, México, D.F.
tel: 5207 2268